Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Another Lu Encounter


Well saturday just gone i saw LUPE FIASCO live at the prince of wales in st.kilda! best show i've been to! got there an hour and a half early and stood right infront of the stage not moving from leaning on top of a feedback speaker (except for a piss!). Foreign Heights supported and were amazing infact bought their cd (signed) and t-shirt when i left! and met M.C. Trey who is a gun! (my t reaks of smoke but i havn't taken it off yet, tis even in my profile pic!). When foreign heights came out i was rockin, Maya Jupiter grabbed my hand, and i wanted to yell maya you sent me a funkoars and hykoo cd! and they asked for a guy to get up on stage to rap a love song to, course i was too chicken shit to, but the guy they grabbed was a eal good spirit and wnet along with it! then later in their show they asked for 2 MC's ... i'm there thinking should i? if we freestyle and i choke i'll never forget it! so as soon as i pluck up the courage they already have 2! GADAMMIT! and the first MC was sick, real quick, awesome flow, but the second guy wasn;t an MC just a guy having some fun (and not really rhymin' lol but he had more courage then i did) so a third guy gets up and rips it! DAMMIT! ah well, i wasn't too dissapointed at the end of the night as you'll find out soon!

Lupe comes out and rips it immediately, dacning around to a coldplay tune, yes coldplay at a hip hop gig! and i'm filming him and during a song he points at my phone and looks right into it! and i was like woooh! and he's such a funny, relaxed guy! having a laugh and just so energetic jumpin around, playing air drums, air guitar, air everything! and i'm right near him the whole time! and he comes up and stand on the feedback speaker i'm leaning on! and during "sunshine" a song about a girl he rapped it the whole time to a girl in the audience! and she gave him a kiss and we're all just feeling the vibes! it was mad! then my great moment comes during the part where he's talking to the crowd just before "kick push" and he's right near me and then he comes towards me and talks to me with his mic, YES THATS RIGHT! "what's your name lil' homie?" "KIERON" "and where you from?" "SASSFRAS" "sassafras? where's that?" "HA UP IN THE STICKS" "is that a long way from here?" "YEP" "you skate?" "YEP" and then he points and winks at me cos we all know now he's going to do kick push, talks to another guy who says he's from bangladesh some one boo's and lupe really cooly says "who booed, don't boo bangladesh" and we all laugh cos he's just such a cool guy! then he splits the chorus into 2 parts, and my side was the push side! so he starts and instead of saying "this one right here i dedicate this one right here to all my homies out there grindin" he says " i dedicate this to you, and you etc. pointing to peoplem and continues, then he comes up to me and says "AND YOU" pointing at me!!!!! then he shakes my hand and starts the song! AND I'M LIKE AGGGH! i recorded it but you don't see the handshake cos i threw my phone into my other hand to shake his hand! SO I'M LIKE OH MY GODDD!!!!! and t then after the chorus the second verse's music changes to "shook ones part 2" by mobb deep a rap classic! and then again in the third verse to another song! MY GOD! INSANE PERFORMER! and during "daydreamin" like alway through the night he comes up to me face to face, and i'm rapping the words at the same time as him, but this time the line "wheres champagne we need champagne" he looks me dead in the eyes and we both are just going with it!" wooooooooooo!!! and during the line "right about the lower leg" he shows his shoe to me! AND I'M JUST LIKE OMG!!!! so yes THAT WAS AN AMAZING AND GREAT NIGHT and i can let down that i didn't get up to free with foreign heights! but i just felt inspired to bring out the ole' rap book and start writing again! so this is why i say HIP HOP TIL DEATH!!!!!
AND THE ROOTS ARE HERE IN APRIL, TOOL ON WEDNESDAY AND MARS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nullus on this entire post...

But I digress...

Who is this chick he rapped all 3 verses of "Sunshine" to and why is she allowed to kiss him?!...

I'm having a caniption right now!...