Friday, January 8, 2016

10 Years Ago...F&L

Can you believe Food and Liquor debuted 10 YEARS AGO? It feels like just yesterday I was at Best Buy picking up Jay-Z's Kingdom Come album and decided to buy Food and Liquor too.

It instantly became one of my favorites and I would sit in my room and listen to it for hours on end. It was so refreshing at a time in my life when I was bored to death with everything around me, but this Lupe Fiasco guy seemed so different.

I will admit, I thought he was cute in a cool nerdy ass nigga kinda way. I like shit like that. But his talent is what sealed the deal for me. And its history now.

LUPE IF YOU READ THIS, I WANNA BE APART OF ANY F&L CELEBRATION YOU HAVE. Some how, some way. I have money these days. I was a poor college student when I first started this blog. I'm a semi-poor adult now, but I always been able to make things happen.

Congratulations on being an artist that stayed true to himself. Its rare out here and I applaud you for it, even if I didn't always like everything.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! My cousin told me your last album was his Top Album for 2015, and he's pretty into music so that says a lot to me.

MUAH!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well how wonderful is this. Come one come all we have been awaiting your presence. Thank you for stopping by to show love for F I A S C O it just goes to show that many of you are very much awake and this indeed says plenty about your character. The positive vibes and comments from you beautiful geniuses feels warm & delightful. Long gone are the “Hi-Definition” days today we stand beside the drill music in Zion. -And just like the lyrical verbiage that grace paper with pen, we too have evolved.
On faux nem