Friday, March 23, 2007

Lupephany

Saw this on a blog (Learning to Play) and thought it was cute and SO TRUE...

Lupephany (definition) - That moment when the realization of the profundity of a certain section of a Lupe Fiasco song hits you like a cannon ball in the head. Also sometimes called a 'some times it be like dang!' moment. It is usually triggered by the sudden elucidation of a metaphor or allegory used in one of the verses in the song and is in extreme cases accompanied the gaining of a whole new perspective on the song.

Root of the word:
Lupe Fiasco - the world famous 3 time Grammy nominated rapper/lyricist extraordinaire, leader of the f n' f crew and one of the deepest minds out in the entertainment industry right now.

Epiphany
- a sudden realization or comprehension of the essence or meaning of something.

(Originally from the Learning to Play Blog)

You know that Eureka moment when the clouds open up and a beam of sunlight shines down and your aura screams "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
(or something to that effect)



I can definitely relate to this Lupephany idea, I was listening to a mixtape song the other day, Not sure of the name, But the one where he says, (Some lyrics may be incorrect, got them from some random site)

Yes I, F. I., west side of the ink
Its WAS, hot, like the left side of the sink
Left hand like the right, plum (plumb) fool with the tool
Right hand on the pipe
I'll give ya some, every thing but the kitchen one
The phones is tapped but I can never leak it
I'm on the run , I'm off it, back on it
Way too true, I could never faucet [force it]
I'm much colder when it comes to rappin'
My only cap size [capsize] is seven and a half in hats
and I'm on the board with the chick yall fishbowled
The caprio and the captain
Let it sink in duke
While I foot you a brick like cement shoes
So throw in your towels I'm unstoppable
But, let me stop, I don't wanna overflow
THIS IS GANGSTA MAN...

And I was really listening to the lyrics for the first time, even though I hear the song everyday and really realized that this man's wordplay is RIDICULOUSLY CRAZY and HE IS A GENIUS...And the cleanest, and the meanest...SWITCH!!! (I love that song too...lol)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what lupe song is this and were did u get it???

Anonymous said...

yeh, I know that song but I can't remember what it's called or what mixtape its on!

Anonymous said...

It's called "The Map" featuring Gemini & Un Kasa on Fahrenheit Pt 2!