Have you ever had too much to drink, then woke up next to somebody, looked at them and thought to yourself...who the hell is this??
That's the way I feel when listening to "The Cool"
I mean that in a good way!! Hold on
Here comes this guy that I met at a radio show in Chicago with a backpack and glasses on almost two years ago KILLLLLLING everybody else and already has people talking "best of....."
1. Baba Says Cool for Thought- I love this. It let me know not to overdose on myself. The poetry on "Food and Liquor" alone introduced me to Harold's Chicken which I will be forever grateful for.
2.Free Chill-The beat and Gemstones and Sarah Green's soulful plea alone make ME want to tear the damn wall down and I barely know the guy!
3. Go Go Gadget Flow- A favorite of mine. I only imagine this song live will be the greatest thing........ever.
4. The Coolest- Introduces the cool....I LOVE the song..but find it hard to sing along with others. Do I have to say "The coolest, (coolest)"?? Don't get me wrong...I just don't want to be caught somewhere I shouldn't be yelling out "I'm the coolest nigga"......
5. Superstar- It just makes me want to go to a movie premiere....give a couple hugs, sign a couple autographs, take a couple pictures, and watch a movie of my own life story while eating yellow M&M's.
6. Paris, Tokyo- This reminds me of a nice, innocent Fresh Prince song from back in the day. It makes me want to fall in love in every city he mentions. Actually, I just want to sit on a chair and have Lupe sing this to me.
7.Hi-Definition- My FAVORRRRRITE! I love the fact that Snoop calls Lupe "Loopy" considering my dad calls him the same thing because he doesn't know how to say "Lu-pe". The beat, the lyrics, everything....I just want to NOD MY DAMN HEAD at this point.
8. Gold Watch- My head is still nodding, but it's a little slower at this point.
9. Hip Hop Saved My Life- Amazing story. What else can I say?? STACK THAT CHEESE.....somthin somthin somthin...STACK THAT CHEESE. By the end of the song Lupe has me rooting for this Houston rapper and hoping he makes it big.
10. Intruder Alert- Sarah Green does her thing. Nice, uplifting story..
11. Streets On Fire- If that whore didn't sleep with everybody, she woulda never gotten AIDS. Lupe's friendly reminder to call the Trojan man.....You don't want this type of fire.
12. Little Weapon- I listened to this with my mom and she complained when she heard the first line "I killed another man today".
Mom- "Megan, why do they always have to be killing people in these songs!!?"
Me-"Mom, listen to the whole song...it'll make sense at the end"
Me-(song ends) "Do you get it now???"
Mom-"No, I can't understand what they are saying"
Me-"Mom, it was a video game the whole time!! A little boy was playing a video game"
Mom-"They're still killing people!!"
13. Gotta Eat- There's probably a million cheeseburgers out there plotting my own death....but it's all good. A tasty death indeed, just like the song. The analogies are key.
14. Dumb It Down- He didn't dumb down this shit.
15- Hello/Goodbye- Nobody probably knew I heard this in Vegas in October. While others may dislike the song for not being hip-hoppish enough, I enjoy it throughly. Kinda reminds me of "The instrumental" Take two..
16. The Die- The Cool dies! A little part of me dies as well. Gemini is amazing.
17. Put You on Game- If I had to pick a least favorite song, it could be this one. I like the lyrics, it's just too slow. I want it to pick up but it just never does
18. Fighters-WWW.LUPETHEFIASCO.BLOGSPOT.COM A little look into Lupe's mind and heart. What a guy. Matthew Santos reminds me of John Mayer...and I love John Mayer.
19. Go Baby- Where your ladies at?? Right here!! LOL Seriously, I just want to go to a show, and have a sign that says "Go Baby!" I imagine I'm not the first one who's had this idea. And being an AVID Maury fan, I LOVE that he references him.
I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Congratulations Lupe. Thank you for being you.