Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lupe's #1 Hater of the Moment...Byron Crawford

Was Lupe Fiasco a drug dealer?

“I push rocks, dawg.” - Lupe Fiasco, on his 2003 single “Pop Pop”

It’s no secret I’ve had my share of issues with Lupe Fiasco. It all started about a year ago, when Lupe complained to the press about his album having been leaked to the Internets so long before its release date. I merely noted, in a post on this site, that he shouldn’t have complained as much, since that was probably the most publicity he had received up until that point.

A while later, Lupe was invited to post for a week on this site’s mercifully defunct (just like most of the other blogs here, if you think about it) Guest List blog. While he prides himself on hardly ever cursing, or advocating teh ghey violence, in his recordings, he took his first post here as an opportunity to call me a “b*tch ass nigga” and threaten to jump off in my ass. No homo.

I suppose it would be racist of me to suggest that such behavior may have had something to do with him being a Muslim, so I won’t bother.

I will note, though, that if there’s one thing Muslims are known for, other than blowing themselves up, it’s moving that H. Supposedly, quite a bit of the heroin on the streets here in the US is imported from Muslim countries such as Afghanistan. I never would have guessed that Lupe Fiasco himself would be involved in heroin distribution, but apparently he was. Or was he?

The other day, Charles Patton, a longtime associate of Lupe’s and partner in his 1st and 15th Records vanity label, was sentenced to 44 years in prison on drug conspiracy charges. Lupe himself managed to escape prosecution, though it’s been suggested that him and Charles Patton were partners in more than just sh*tty rap records. Nullus?

You’ll recall that when it was announced earlier this year that Patton would stand trial, and that Lupe would testify, it was revealed that 5-0 had Patton on tape making Amtrak reservations for himself and Lupe for March 25, 2003 and then setting up an OT drug deal for, you guessed it, March 25, 2003. Coincidence?

During the course of the trial, it was revealed that there’s another tape in which Fiasco and Patton are heard discussing splitting up “whole yellow” and “whole red” ones. Lupe testified that they were referring to the mixing of music tracks, and that he didn’t have sh*t to do with any drug dealing, except when he used to rap about it.

At any rate, Lupe walked free while his business partner will probably never walk free again. Which begs the question: How in the f*ck can 5-0 have your business partner making Amtrak reservations for the two of you to make a drug deal, plus another tape in which the two of you discuss splitting up yellow packs and red pack, and yet you got off scott free?

There’s an obvious explanation here, but again I’m going to avoid stating it too explicitly; because Lord knows I’ve got my fair share of problems already, and the last thing I need is some crazed Islamic fascist jumping off in my ass - or worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Byron Crawford freakin' LOATHES Lupe Fiasco... The only person he hates more is Kanye West... LMAO...

I personally, frequent Byrons blog regularly and I think he's hillarious(don't tell Lu)...

But I recognize Byron is just a hater for the most part (although he, like myself, LOVES MF Doom)...