Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lupe Fiasco on The Guardian

This is old but who cares :)

"The skinny guy standing in the doorway dressed in socks, terry towelling dressing gown and bookish glasses doesn't look much like a famous recording artist. A cursory glance around his Manhattan hotel room only reiterates this; there's no entourage, the only paraphernalia is cough and cold-related and the TV is tuned to a documentary on deep-sea diving. It wouldn't be unfair to surmise that Lupe Fiasco is a bit of a geek. Not that he'd care. "I just do me. I don't chase the status quo," shrugs the practising Muslim who doesn't partake in drugs, drink or groupies. "I don't try and be anything I'm not. Yeah, I was a nerd in school; I wasn't trying to be no big gangster or drug pusher," he says before listing chess, Transformers, karate and shortwave radio as four of his childhood interests."

read the rest of the article HERE

No comments: